- Sat, Dec 19https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsj4N37mrnY"A Woman Such as Myself" 室內歌劇 — 錄像放映及對談 / “A Woman Such as Myself” Chamber Opera - Recorded Performance & Conversation
- Sat, Nov 21香港兆基創意書院 HKICC LSK School of Creativity《候鳥 — 我城的一位作家》放映會（設映後談）/ Film Screening of "Birds of Passage: A Writer of Our City" (with Post-Screening Discussion)
- Sat, Nov 14賽馬會立方 / JC Cube是次活動邀請了幾位香港作家一起讀西西的《我城》，並討論一下這本經典著作在這個時代裡如何賦予我們意義，以及西西怎樣影響他們的寫作。 We are inviting a number of Hong Kong writers to read from Xi Xi's "My City", discuss the significance of reading this classic at this particular time and talk about Xi Xi's influence on their own writing.
- Sat, Dec 07University Museum and Art Gallery, HKUCha: An Asian Literary Journal has invited TWENTY-TWO Hong Kong poets to write poems in response to The Arrival, and these poems will be read at "Sketches in Notebooks", moderated by Cha's co-editor Tammy Lai-Ming Ho. Click for more details.
- Tue, Jun 11B3-LP-06, Tai Po Campus, EdUHKProfessor Lai will compare the similarity and difference between migration and translation through this wordless novel, and also address several issues evolved around translation, communication and culture.
- Sat, May 18Makerbay, PMQA conversation based on Shaun Tan's graphic novel, "The Arrival", about the inclusionary (and sometimes exclusionary) aspects of food in migration and the role that food plays in negotiating interactions between migrants and hosts. Egyptian hors d'oeuvres will be served.
- Wed, May 08Colette's (Room b), Fringe ClubPlease join us on Wednesday 8 May 2019 for an ekphrastic poetry workshop, making use of writing prompts based on Shaun Tan's THE ARRIVAL (2006), led by Kate Rogers. Participants are very welcome to read their poems.
- Fri, Apr 26St. Hilary's Primary School
- Tue, Apr 16KubrickTHE ARRIVAL: Found in Translation is a panel discussion on translation and/or pictorial texts. The event is co-organized by 我城我書 / One City One Book Hong Kong and CHA: An Asian Literary Journal, as part of the Cha Reading Series (http://bit.ly/2DrlbI9).